Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Slow Down My Beating Heart...

Wanna know what my secret ambition was? Well not really a secret laa.. Some people actually knew about this.

I wanted to be Janet Jackson's backup dancer. Dont know how it actually started, but I used to dance anywhere I could, but someplace where people cannot see me. I used to dance in my room, but later I figured that my bedroom was too small for me to hop here and there. So whenever my mom was not at home, I'll be turning the radio volume as loud as not to annoy our neighbours and turned our living room as a dance hall.

But my obsession has to be stopped when I joined Seri Puteri, and I was far too shy when I was in Form 1 that I did not join the dance group for our orientation concert. I was acting for the concert. I can act as well.. ahaha.. but that's another story.

Later when I was in Form 3, I joined my house cheerleaders team. I no longer care about people looking differently at me jumping and shouting at the top of my lung with other cheerleaders. After all, I was a senior (senior la drpd F1 and F2 girls). Why should I care about what the juniors will say? And also, there are no guys around, so why care?

At the end of my Form 4 year, my school organized an aerobic dance competition between the houses. Well since nobody wanted to choreograph the steps, I volunteered and we took the second place. Yes people, I choreographed all the steps, from warming up to cooling down. Later that year they wanted to choose 2 people from each houses to be in the exercise committee, where every morning during the assembly these people in the committee will guide the rest of the school doing the exercise. So my house mates wanted to use my steps for that. But I was not chosen to be in the committee, since the seniors that were choosing the committee members hated me. Yes I was involved in a fight between my batch and the gedik batch (one year older than us) and they chose people who they think are nice but talk bad about them behind their back. You know those types who likes to kiss people's ass! Well I dont really care though, but what got to me the most was that they were using my steps (and my song too!) for the first few exercise they conducted for the school. Evil, evil girls!

You can read more about this gedik batch on my fellow schoolmate's blog, the one on Gabriella Sabatini. Devil, I'm sure you can guess who the girl is, and definitely you know who her brother is, ahahaa. Shahril, I'm sure you also can guess who these two are, since they both were from MMU. I also have a few experience with Miss Gabriella Sabatini and her brother, but perhaps in another entry? Exclusively for them?

Back to my original story. When I was in Form 5, there were no Form 4 juniors who are brave enough to lead the cheerleaders team in our house. And there were nobody to choreograph the steps for the competition. So even though I was going to sit for SPM that year, I was forced to choreograph the steps once again. Those girls who stole my steps can only follow what other people has created, with no guts and brain to step up and contribute something to the house. Reason given was: "I have SPM this year. I have to concentrate on my study".

And when we were in Form 5, we had to take one of the newcomers to the school (Form 1 juniors) to be our adik angkat. Stupid aint it, but it was a school rule.

So my adik angkat's parents was actually watching me on school sport's day when I ran into the field and start jumping and shouting like I was a small child. I was red in the face when later they came to see me, for I did not expect her parents to be there. That was one of the many shameful things that I did that I'll remember for the rest of my life. You know how Malay culture is. Anak dara should be very feminine and lemah lembut, bersopan santun. Bukan melompat tengah padang macam tuttt.

Later when I finished school, and started studying in PPP, I was very lucky to get to know friends that have the same interest with me. Most of the weekends when we didnt go out, we turned our apartment living room into a dance club.

Now I dont dance much anymore. Only when I'm really excited about something. Wonder why only recently I can move to the beat again, and I wonder what happen to the fun me these few years back.

But Janet, I'll be there girl! Just wait for me! LOL....

1 Comments:

Blogger Guzz spelled...

Wow!!! I didn't expect that u had such a dream..I don't know Whitewhich that well, but I didnt realize that she is good in dancing!!! Amazing!!

About being a Janet Jackson backup dancer, well...you know i have to tell this..Let's hope there is no "Wardrope Malfunction" during your performance!!! hehehe

March 21, 2005 at 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home