Sunday, January 16, 2005

You're So Vain!


R was my schoolmate back in Seri Puteri. I wasnt her best friend but I'm close enough to know her type of man and her life obsession (at that time, it was Brazil football team). We part ways in 1994 and I only heard from her once in a while through our batch mailing list.

Back then, she was the girl who loves attention. Being in a school where most of the girls were daughter of somebody, being rich is not a factor for being popular. At least not in our batch. Those who are loud, funny and know how to have fun in a confined all-girls-school like us will be like the flame to the moth. Not those who have the largest collection of boys number, mind you.

SR, who now is practicing medicine in UK was one of those girls. She was a straight A student, was very funny, and had i-couldnt-care-less attitude which was loved by most of the girls. The fact that she was very intelligent and doesnt flock around with the school nerds makes her famous among the attention-crave girls. When we were in Form 2, R was very attached to SR, going wherever SR was going and agreeing to everything SR was saying. Until SR was moved to another seat in the class, which was next to me. We had to do a lot of things together, like lock the door up after night prep, every night. Our classroom was located far from other classes, behind the school lab and near the big haunted house (We called it Rumah Besar). Never seen anything near the big house but heard a lot of strange things occured there. They said the owner of the house were an English man and he and his family were killed by Japanese army. Anyway when we have to lock the classroom every night, we have to wait for everyone to go out and usually they wont wait and left the two 'in-duty' girls to do the job alone. But not so for my case, R will always be there waiting to walk back together to the dorm with SR. And sometimes I can see that R is jealous when SR asked me to do anything with her.

A few years after that I can see that R has matured, no longer care about small childish thing like fighting for attention from SR. But I started to see that she likes to exaggerate on things. Like how ridiculously handsome his male friend who had been secretly giving out signs to her, oh duhh.. talk about vain..

Last year, I stumbled into her blog. But I dont care to read because I have no interest in knowing about what others are thinking and doing... at that time... now I've become a busybody and wanted to know everything that everyone's doing.. dont blame me.. my job is so damn free.. ahaha...

Anyway I have just started reading her blog this past few weeks, because she now is one of my COLLEAGUE!! In the same team with me. But shhh she doesnt know that I knew her blog. So much fun! I get to read her ridiculous untrue rambling. She said that she is the only female in this goddamn floor. What? What am I? Invisible to her eyes? So much can change, but cant change the 'vainness' in some people.

I thought people change a lot when they get older, diminish some if not all bad qualities from their life. Why? Because I do changed a LOT. I am not trying to boost or anything here but if you knew me when I was in school and me now, I am like 'langit dengan bumi'. I was the hu-ha kind of girl before, but now I am more laid back, I talk when it is necessary only, and I listen more than I talk. (This could not be true under certain condition, e.g when I'm in black car with plate no starting with W).

Anyway I have finished Deception Point, also by Dan Brown. This book doesnt meet my expectation at all. Not as interesting as the first two books by Mr. Brown that I've read. Maybe I should read this book once again, because I did it with so many things on my mind, mainly about the Genting Highland trip that did not happen. I have planned so many things. Look what happen when two people wants the same thing at different time. Think about it Mr. Kay. I'm giving you time to think. Opportunity may present itself one of these days. Maybe in another couple of weeks? I'm waiting.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Guzz spelled...

What an interesting friend you have there. Wll somepeople are just born that way, they simply can't help the way they are.
It is soo cool that you stumbled into her blog and read all her secret..hey you are not doing anything ethically wrong here, blogs are practically open to public and anyone could read that...
Well at least to look at the bright side, you can look at her with one eye brow raised and giving her cynical smile and just leave her in total confusion everytime..hahah have fun!

January 17, 2005 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger whitewitch spelled...

Cannot la like that... I'm a nice girl... even though I know that she is vain, i treat her like like i treat everybody else... unless those who i know talk behind my back or who are rude to me...

January 17, 2005 at 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home