Thursday, December 30, 2004

Comfortable vs. Appropriate

Kenduri was a success. Beside unwelcomed fusses from a few 'kepoh' makciks, everything was going as planned. I always like kenduri in kampung. The feeling it always give me whenever I see all my relatives working together, where everything was done by 'gotong-royong', something that you can rarely see in KL. This time we were making nasi minyak. My mother's youngest brother, Pok Usop was the one who did all the cooking, with the help of his wife, Su. I was helping in the kitchen, doing all those simple tasks, like cutting pineapples, cucumber and sengkuang for acar, blend all the onions(aaahhh... I hate this task... make my eyes watery and nose goes all runny).. My other sisters were cleaning the house while some of my cousins were babysitting Pok Usop's youngest 3 month's son, Atiq.

Atiq was so good that actually we can just leave him there all by himself. He doesnt cry unnecessarily (believe me or not... he only cries when he is sick and hungry). He doesnt cry when he is wet, nor when he is sleepy... such a good boy he is. However since he is SOOOOOoooooo adorable, comel-lote gitu ehehe... everybody wants a piece of him... including me ahahah.... but I only go to him when I dont have anything to do laa...

I never really liked babies. But since my friend Shariza give birth to his son a few weeks ago, I have been converted into babies lover. I want to have my own... ahahhaa dream on laaa...

Back to kenduri... everybody started to come for solat hajat around 8.30 pm. Since I was so busy, I have no time to change and was just wearing t-shirt and track bottom when some of the guests start to come in. One of the makcik kepoh actually ask me why I havent changed into baju kurung or something decent. For the love of God, I have no time to do that, and furthermore I will only be at the kitchen (everybody in the kitchen were not wearing decent formal clothes)... so why go into the hassle of changing into the uncomfortable baju kurung? Even my sister was only wearing t-shirt and kain batik (but she stayed in the kitchen only, the makcik kepoh spotted me at the front door when I was taking out glasses at that time.. ehehe). I'm sure someone does not agree with me on this, but when did that someone has ever agreed with me on anything?

Aaahhh... all the craps that you have to take when you are 'anak-dara' and unmarried. No makcik kepoh would want to chase after me if I have already been married... just look at my sister... always doing something inappropriate but no one wants to tegur her because she is already married. Not free laa like this...!!!

Since my parents are leaving tomorrow, we are having a lot of guests since this evening right until just now. I was making drink non-stop and every now and then, I have to pop-out to salam-salam with all the makciks who came. One of my aunty was making fuss on how I should dress today. She said I should make myself as decent as possible, to impress any potential mother-in-law... ahahaha kelakar tul... I was again just wearing my official outfit at home, t-shirt and track bottom, but I changed into baju kurung just to stop my aunty from continously nagging at me.

Hmm... was thinking about him... called him... but...

I'm having cramps on the left side of my stomach. Gotta go...

1 Comments:

Blogger Guzz spelled...

Ahh...that is very typical of makciks.... which sometimes I found very amusing... The trick is to take is as joke and laugh it off......

January 1, 2005 at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home