Saturday, December 25, 2004

The Beautiful And The Fool

While i was getting ready for work this morning, Epol, my housemate's 3 months old kitten came into my room and starts to run around the room. He sat near the table fan, trying to reach for the moving blade (stupid cat... is he trying to cut his own fingers??) then he went under the bed, and came out with dust sticked on his whiskers (fyi i do sweep under my bed from time to time :P) .. then ran around again, jumping from one pillow to another... chased his own tail ( cat can be so stupid sometimes... ehehe).. and it got me thinking... I wouldn't let him play around my room if he came in last week...well i wouldnt even let him into the room.... why you might wonder....

i have just noticed a few days before that he is cuter and and cleaner than before... before this i wouldnt even let he came near me... well his mom aka my housemate didnt care for him like a real mother should be ( i called her his mom because whenever she talks to that poor fella, she refers herself as his mother... yes.. she talks to cat... treat Epol like her own baby boy). she only cleaned/washed him and his cage whenever she feel like it... so most of the time poor Epol sleeps in his own shit... sometimes me and my sister would bathe him when she is not around... just to keep him out of his cage... but i still wont allow him to get near me...

Recently Epol's mom has been feeding him with cat's food that she bought from one of the pet's store in SS2. The food really works miracle on Epol. He has this problem with his digestive system before, poor Epol cant poop properly. But now not only can he poop with ease, he also has long bushy fur and has a nice distinctive mark on his tail that was not there before, or the mark was there but i dont care to look at it, ehehhe...

Epol's most favourite toy is human hands/feets. so whenever he saw a moving hand/toe, he would sneak up and bite our finger/hand/toe... whichever part that he can catch with his small mouth. So even if you're trying to get him as far as possible from you... he will always come back when you're trying to flex your muscle. It's an impossible attempt to try to push him away from you..unless you've got some other moving object to distract him.

I do pity him... whenever he is dirty and his mom is lazy for the day... he will be playing with his own tail in the cage or sitting there quietly with his big shining eyes looking at us sadly. I always let him play outside his cage when his mom is not around but i still dont like him to get near me... until recently...

unlike before, now i even let him play in my room...

Hmmm.... do i only like things that are beautiful? or clean? why do i only like him when he is healthy, clean and has bushy fur?? i am a sympathetic person... i can cry just by watching old beggar on the street... or orphan children in orphanage home during Hari Raya (or am i too emotional??)

if you want to say that i dont like cat... i am a cat lover... i even have a cat back at home... we called her Che' Tam, for her black fur... actually she's my neighbour's cat... but since she came at our house and eat/sleep there... my neighbour called me her tuan... ehehhee... but there's another neighbour's cat, Che' Tam's son, Che' Teh (for her white fur) that i dont like so much... well.... she's not as beautiful as Che' Tam... and hasnt got bushy fur like her mother. .... errrr....

Hmm.... sahla i only like beautiful things... but I am not mean to ugly cats... this peculiar behaviour of mine is acceptable kan?? What say you Kay??

speaking of strange behaviour ni kan... I have a friend who admits to me that when she have children on her own... and if her children is not pretty enough for her standard.. she wont try to love them... only the beautiful ones are worth her attention/love. scary isnt it? well... now she has already been married... but luckily she hasnt got any children yet... im praying for her children-to-be... especially to the ones that are not pretty enough...

and please god... dont let me be like her...

2 Comments:

Blogger Guzz spelled...

Wow... I didn't know that one could write so much about cat, the whole 2350 words of them. And I didn't realize that one could ponder so many things about life by just watching cat moving around the house.....you can actually could come to conclusion that you liked beautiful things in life by just watching behaviour of you cats. Bravo.....I am lost for words.....
Keep up the good work!!!
I'll make sure I visit this blog everyday!!

December 25, 2004 at 7:28 PM  
Blogger whitewitch spelled...

Hi Guzz.. did you really count all the words that i wrote?? you must have ample of free time heh?? no ticket coming in? i must admit that i do a lot of those thinking thingy...especially when i dont have anything to distract me... :P

December 25, 2004 at 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home