Friday, December 24, 2004

Pink Meat

I'm back from lunch. Handover to Swiss team just now, so that means less work for me now.. ehehehe... Strange strange thing just occured... when i was trying to call Geneva for the handover... the call didnt actually reach the intended destination, instead it was routed to Korea Telecomm. Weird isnt it? And when another colleague, Halim tried to call, he got Zurich Continental Hotel and after that, Japan. Something wrong with our telephone system or HP Swiss/ Suisse (local spelling).

Just now i went to chinese food stall in Wisma UOA with Giri, Janani, Sugu and two guys from Agilent team. Halfway through my meal, i have come to realize that i didnt recognize the taste of the meat that i was eating... The meat was sliced into thin pieces (just like salami/pepperoni) and was cooked with cauliflower, mushroom etc. i stop eating to gaze into my plate... looking for the sign of the triangle mark.. you know what that for... and i dont know how it was supposed to look like!! yes i thought i saw those triangle mark... and yes i think the meat is pink in colour...but i wasnt sure. Giri told me that the stall serves halal food...and a lot of Muslims went to eat there... but by that time I have already lost all of my appetite...

One of my new resolution for the coming new year (cheewahh...) is to know how pork/ham/bacon look like. Well how are you going to avoid eating them if you dont know how they look like? Perhaps i can ask one of my chinese colleagues here to show me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home