Sunday, January 09, 2005

Angels & Demons

Too many things happened these few days... And I dont feel like blogging, since I'm trying to finish Dan Brown's Angels & Demons.

This book has kept me doing nothing but lying on my bed/ in front of the tv with my eyes glued on it and occasional glance at the tv screen. I only put down this book when my eyes couldnt hold themselves open any longer and simply obey the force of the gravity...ehehe... yes I do other things as well la... it's just that when I was at home I will try to read this book as much as I can. It is so addictive... just like Harry Porter and Anne Rice's Mayfair witches series. If you have read bestselling The Da Vinci code, you must have known what I'm talking about. Unputdownabble!

At first I was quite skeptical about buying Mr. Brown's book. After reading The Da Vinci Code, many things crossed my mind. As a Muslim, I believe that Nabi Isa/Jesus was borned without a father, but I'm not sure about him having a wife and descendant. I asked around but nobody seems to be sure about this. When I was growing up, I used to read my mom's Sejarah Nabi-Nabi book. The book explains in detail the history of each of our 25 Rasul. But I couldnt find that book anywhere at home when I tried to search for it. And as expected, Islam was not mentioned at all in Angels & Demons. Since this book is somewhat about exposing the true identity of Jesus, I was half-expecting some connection to Islam mentioned in it.. but I guess the book wont be a bestseller if Mr.Brown does that...

Although Angels & Demons is an interesting book, I am saddened by the fact that the assassin hired by the camerlengo (Assistant to Pope) is an Arab. Although his religion was not mentioned (i think so..ehehe..gotta check back), I'm 100% sure that everyone who reads this book will think that he is a Muslim, no doubt about it! Not just a killer, the assassin was also described as someone who pays a lot of money for OTHER entertainment, which involves tying up, pretty women and a secret room in a back alley somewhere in Rome. But overall the book is superb. To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home