Sunday, January 09, 2005

Angels & Demons II

I have read a book about Buddhism (cannot remember the title and author, the book now is in the dusty part of my shelf) which describes a Sultan (definitely Muslim la.. what else) as a man who rules during the day and be with different women during the night. Since Islam legalizes polygamy, I think non-Muslim jump to conclusion that a Sultan must have the authority to be with more women than any ordinary man. I just couldnt believe all the craps these people made up to make our religion looks bad. I actually stopped reading that book and left the last quarter of it to rot. ehehe no la.. actually it tooks all my energy and concentration to read the eight-hundred-something-pages book. I stopped because I was so damn bored with it(just like the Fellowship of The Ring, but I dragged myself to finish it, the 2nd and last part were unbelievably interesting though). It was slow-paced and was divided into various parts with different story in each part. Actually all the characters in each part are inter-related, they are the reincarnation of each other. Stupid/Unbelievable theory but at least now I understand about the reincarnation as believed by Buddhist. Although Buddha originated from Sri Lanka, but now the majority of population there embrace Hinduism. Wonder how that happens.

I'm also not really fond of American author who likes to describe Muslim as a terrorist and Islam as a religion that promotes violence. So I try to stop reading books written by these authors. I have stopped reading Tom Clancy's. It's because he is judgemental towards Muslim and also because I dont understand his technical description about weapons, navy ships, planes etc. It's hard to imagine and understand something when you are not interested in it. Dont blame me, I'm just a girl. But the former is the ultimate reason as to why I'm boycotting his works.

But Dan Brown is a super-genius author. I always think that Sidney Sheldon is the master of fast-paced thriller but now he has found himself a rival. Cant wait to go to MPH to get a copy of another Mr. Brown's bestseller, Digital Fortress.

Hey anyone has a copy of Anne Rice's The Witching Hour(1st book in Mayfair witches series)? I've read this book a few years back but I would like to read it once more, and get one for my own collection. Nadiah lent me Lasher(2nd book in Mayfair witches series) the other day and I have forgotten almost everthing in the first book. I was looking for it in MPH Midvalley last weekend but believe it or not, the book is out of stock in all MPH stores.

Enough about books. Got some spells to work on!

4 Comments:

Blogger Guzz spelled...

Do you know that there is a theory that Buddha is actually one of the prophet. Of course in Islam we need to know the 25 prophet only, the actual amount of prophet in Islam in unknown. According to this theory, buddha predicted the arrival of Muhammad SAW, I read this on the net long time ago but just couldn't remember which site.

I am a big fan of Anne Rice as well, I read the entire Mayfair series, unfortunately, it was my friend's.

Somehow, I lost interest in Anne Rice Nowadays, she can't seems to break away from her Vampire Choronical and come up with something new. There were rumours that she is going to write about "The Story of Talamasca" whatever happened to that!

January 17, 2005 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger whitewitch spelled...

I am not aware of that theory but if you came across it once again, do tell me.. I also would like to read Bible one day, just for increasing my knowledge, but I think I have to finish reading Al-Quran translation first before that.

The Vampire Chronicles are also nice you know. Try read Queen of the Damned. I like it, also... Blackwood Farm.. the story is about a guy named Queen who is haunted by a spirit. The spirit actually his own twin who died during their birth. Hehe I have spoiled it for you.. But give it a try... I finish the book in 3 days only..

I also heard about her writing a book on Talamasca... Maybe it is still in progress..

January 17, 2005 at 11:59 PM  
Blogger Guzz spelled...

Off course I have read the Vampire Chronicle, I liked the "The Vampire Lestat" The best of the rest. I read up to Pandora. Haven't Read Blackwood and The Vampire Armand. Hehhe..kalau ada boleh pinjam tak?......

January 18, 2005 at 8:39 AM  
Blogger whitewitch spelled...

Wow... so early in the morning you have already check my blog. Got no case to work on? I've got Blackwood Farm but havent read Vampire Armand yet. Want to pinjam aa? Jabber me lorr.. ;)

January 18, 2005 at 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home