Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Meet with Celebrities

Last night I watched Juara Lagu on television. I dont know about other people but I think the show is quite lame this year. The combination of Najib Ali and Sarimah does not seem appropriate. And what more, all the information and jokes about earth elements i.e water, fire, air seem like useless rambling to me. They actually read the definition of all those things from dictionary (page and line included), it's like we dont know the actual meaning of water, fire etc. Like last year, the two emcees pretend they dont like each other and throw annoying remarks to each other. It works last year, I think it was funny but the same idea 2 years in a row? Doesnt work for me..

Spider grabs the title of Juara Lagu. I think they deserved it. The song was nice and Tam's vocal was excellent. Rock gitu!! Hehe.. But I dont know why Misha Omar won the best vocal award. Anuar Zain's voice was more powerful, I think. But maybe ada terkucil sikit kut.

Speaking of Anuar Zain, I met him and his sister Ziana Zain in IJN on the weekend me and my sisters visited our auntie. He was very THE handsome I might say, with his long wavy hair framing his face and his Ray Ban hooked nicely on his shapely nose. Although the Ray Ban works wonders on him, I dont understand the purpose of the shades inside the dimly lit building. Is he afraid that people might recognize him and surround him the moment we saw him? Hello!! I dont think so. Although my younger sister was busy walking here and there hoping for a glimpse of him, we were in the ICU unit and were busy mourning than jumping in excitement the moment we saw celebrities. Unlike her brother, I think Ziana Zain was much more modest with even no make up on.

They were visiting their father who was also in the ICU unit, his bed was across the aisle from my auntie's. I heard from my cousin that Anuar's father had a heart failure and was also in coma like my arwah auntie.

Celebrities can be so funny sometimes. They expect people to know them and recognize them wherever they are. Below is the conversation between Ziana Zain and my cousin.

Ziana Zain: Mak ke? (while pointing to my auntie)
My cousin: Ye. Mak saya.
Ziana Zain: Kenal saya tak?
My cousin: Emm.. rasa macam pernah nampak. Kat mana ye?
Ziana Zain: Saya Ziana Zain. Alaa.. penyanyi tu...
I think it's brilliant that my cousin pretended she didnt recognize her. I mean, do you really have to ask people whether they know you or not?

I am not sure if their father has recovered or not, but if I were Anuar Zain, I wont even think of singing when my father is like that. But then again, maybe he thinks that singing is what his father wants him to do. Cant expect people to think like us, right? Well then, chow bebeh..

3 Comments:

Blogger Guzz spelled...

Ada ker tanya "Kenal Saya Tak?"
Macam cari publisiti murah only,

I wonder how Ziana would feel if the conversation went like this,
Ziana Zain: Kenal saya tak?
Your Cousin: Tak!
Ziana Zain: Saya Ziana Zain. Alaa.. penyanyi tu
Your Cousin:Ziana Zain?! Penyanyi? Ada ke penyanyi macam tu kat Malaysia?"

heheh

January 18, 2005 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger whitewitch spelled...

Yeah exactly. But if my cousin pretended that she didnt recognize her at all... macam katak bawah tempurung plak kan?

January 19, 2005 at 2:37 AM  
Blogger lion3ss spelled...

Good for your cousin. I was in a restaurant once with a Msian actress or singer (can't remember) and when the people didn't attend to her she went "You tak kenal ke I siapa?" *sheesh*

I love Anuar Zain too. In fact, I went to see the Juara Lagu because of him (and the fact that we got free tickets!). The show was boring but he was very good looking and dreamy. I agree that his vocals were better than Misha's that night.

Btw, so sorry about your aunt. Lost a granduncle there too last few months.

January 26, 2005 at 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home