Friday, February 11, 2005

In the Mood for More Roses/Lilies

Valentine's Day is around the corner. Everyone is talking about it. Almost all the blogs that I visited mentioned about it. Most of the programmes on television for this month are also Valentine's related. My friends are asking me where will I be going this coming Feb 14th. Nowhere. I'll be working. But you work night shift, you can go out during the day with Devil (one of my colleague saw Devil's name appear on my phone the other day and started calling him Devil eversince). No. I dont celebrate Valentine. Why? Devil tak nak??

Being in a relationship with the same person for almost 7 years, I have never celebrated Valentine. We dont even go out on that day. Sometimes I wish I could join in the excitement with others who do celebrate. But Devil said we Muslims are not supposed to celebrate, because Valentine's Day is something to do with the death of St. Valentine, a Christian priest (if I'm not mistaken la.. malas nak search). Sebenarnya Devil malas nak keluar, dia selalu macam tu, tak pun dia nak save duit :P. Actually this is among others, one of the good quality that Devil has. I can see that he dont mind spending money on me for things that he considered practical. Like beli plate number harga beratus-ratus (practical ke ni?), or add some of his money when I wanted to save and buy cheaper handphone. But things that dont last long, like flowers, setahun sekali pun susah nak dapat. Last year, takde. The year before that, takde. The year before last year, pun takde. The last time I received flowers from him was in 2001, his friend went to Cameron Highland and he ordered a nice bouquet of white roses for me.

But I do know that deep down inside, he loves me. Although sometimes it's hard for him to express out his love for me, I do know that he loves me, and wanted the best for me. Jiwang la pulak kan.

Anyway, I dont really mind if I wont be doing anything this Monday. I can just stay home and sleep, since I'll be working the night before that. It's just that when you see all your friends are going out and having fun on that day, you cant help it and wanted the same thing. But as Devil said, why wait for that day to celebrate our love when we can do it everyday? Can we? Can we do it tonight? Ha ha just joking.

P/s: Devil knows that I call him that. This is a joke between us. He called me Succubus.

5 Comments:

Blogger Guzz spelled...

Well, I never celebrated Valentine either, both me and my wife agree that Valentine has no significant meaning for us, muslims. I did however send a Valentine card to my wife back in Uni time (she was my gf then...) that was the first and last Valentine card i ever sent.
Yes.. I agree that love can be celebrated everyday.. but don't over-do it. I know a couple who celebrate their "montly-versary", it is weird, at every special date of every months they exchange gift and do something special, but after a year it become almost a burden!!! Imagine cracking ones head thinkin what to buy, do and most importantly financial constraint it will cost!!! Not sure that they still doing it or not..being married and with kids and all......

Anyway.... all the best for you love life!!!!

February 13, 2005 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger whitewitch spelled...

Well we dont celebrate our love everyday... but we do fight a lot, constantly. Heh. I'm not sure what makes our relationship last till today. But he gave me one reason last night. I guess that reason is true enough. Yes Devil, I'm addicted to you!

February 14, 2005 at 2:06 AM  
Blogger whitewitch spelled...

You've got surprises for me? Wahhh hard to believe! Wonder what can that be. I thought we wont be celebrating Valentine??

February 14, 2005 at 6:07 AM  
Blogger Guzz spelled...

Loadednye abaran nak bagi kereta for Valentine!!!!

February 17, 2005 at 6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous spelled...

jongang

July 14, 2022 at 1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home